African American History Month ended yesterday. Today marks the beginning of Women’s History Month, which “honors and celebrates the struggles and achievements of American women throughout the history of the United States,” according to a Library of Congress guide on national observances and commemorative months. Isn’t this a good thing? Not necessarily, says Leid Stories. National “heritage” celebrations also are/can …
The Conspiracy Guy – 11.29.17
Conspiracy Guy Show #52: Reports converge on over 4,000 sealed indictments as a result of the “sting’ being conducted by Robert Mueller,who has apparently been going after the real “Russian connection” and sexual malfeasance by pedophiles in the US government. This proposition will be confirmed or disconfirmed by future developments, which are taking place today. The new developments about JFK, …
Moving Forward – 10.09.17
Today Rob tries to tackle other factors that could be involved in America’s mass shooting epidemic and how to move forward in a world that is becoming more and more of a dangerous place. Rob’s website – https://robmovesforward.wordpress.com/ Rob’s recent article in CounterPunch about mass shootings – https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/10/06/pump-up-the-valium/ Download this episode (right click and save)
It’s All About Food – Gene Stone and Mike Shanahan – 01.24.17
Part I: Gene Stone, The Trump Survival Guide
Part II: Mike Shanahan, Gods, Wasps and Stranglers, The Secret History and Redemptive Future of Fig Trees
Ira Chernus – Joy Trumps Fear
Sometimes I force myself to look at photos of Donald Trump, to confront the harsh reality that he will indeed, in all likelihood, soon be the president of the United States. What strikes me most forcefully in that face is the total lack of joy. Oh, I imagine he can feel plenty of pleasure. he seems to be what the …
Andrew Nikiforuk – The End of Growth and the Rise of Trump
The world did not end, but it changed when the United States elected a narcissistic billionaire and racist demagogue as its president. As Albert Camus once noted, “A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world.” But there is no shortage of such men in politics and commerce at the moment. Donald Trump’s electoral victory says something …
The Gary Null Show – 09.07.16
Today on The Gary Null Show, Gary goes into a deep thinking original commentary while playing a never before heard audio clip on EX-ISRAELI SOLDIER SPEAKS OUT; ISRAELI’S TRAIN US POLICE. In the beginning of the episode Gary gives you the best in health and healing! Gary also covers so much more so download and enjoy.
Francie Diep – The Former Dentist Uncovering Sugar’s Rotten Secrets
For Cristin Kearns, it happened like all great Google finds: late at night, after clicking through every link on 10 pages of search results. That’s when she first saw the name of famed nutritionist Ancel Keys inside an unlikely book, Zoology Reprints and Separata, etc., Vol. 166. Zoology Reprints is one of the tens of millions of books Google has …
Black Agenda Radio – 01.18.16
Welcome, to the radio magazine that brings you news, commentary and analysis from a Black Left perspective.
– President Obama’s State of the Union address, last week, marked the start of the Twilight of his presidency. We spoke with South Carolina activist and author Kevin Alexander Gray, editor of the book, “Killing Trayvons: An Anthologoy of American Violence.” Gray says Obama is still a skilled performer.
– In his State of the Union Address, Obama said that no country in the world dares to threaten the United States. But, if nobody is threatening the U.S., then why is America making war against so many people. We put that question to Margaret Kimberley, editor and senior columnist for Black Agenda Report.
– Cynthia McKinney ran against President Obama on the Green Party ticket in 2008. The former six-term congresswoman from Georgia recently earned her Phd for Leadership and Change, from Antioch College. McKinney wrote her dissertation on the late Venezuelan socialist leader Hugo Chavez. She appeared recently on peace activist David Swanson’s Talk Nation radio program, and was asked if there was any real difference between Obama and George Bush’s policies towards Venezuela.
– The poor island nation of Haiti is scheduled to hold another round of elections on January 24th. The problem is, almost nobody wants the vote to happen except the candidate for the ruling party, backed by the United States. The first round of elections, held last year, were widely viewed as rigged. However, the United States is demanding that the presidential vote go ahead, without fixing the process. Jake Johnston, a researcher for the Washington-based Center for Economic and Policy Research, says Haitians refuse to tolerate another fraudulent election.
– The Democratic Republic of Congo will hold elections, later this year, although it is not clear if President Joseph Kabila will run for a third term. At least six million Congolese have died as a result of invasions of the country by U.S. allies Uganda and Rwanda, and now the U.S. is fomenting regime change in neighboring Burundi. According to Kambale Musavuli, of Friends of Congo, the U.S. has conspired against the Congo for more than a century.
Greg Gordon – Dental group defends mercury fillings amid mounting evidence of risks
WASHINGTON – For decades, the American Dental Association has resolutely defended the safety of mercury fillings in the teeth of more than 100 million Americans, even muzzling dentists who dared to warn patients that such fillings might make them sick. The association has lobbied the Food and Drug Administration to ensure the fillings, which contain one of the world’s most …